County Clerk Information
A. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, county clerks shall charge and collect the following flat fees to be uniform throughout the state regardless of the recording method used, and the county clerks shall not be required to itemize or charge these fees pursuant to any other schedule, except as specifically provided by law:
1. For recording the first page of deeds, mortgages, and any other instruments not subject to the fee imposed by Section 1-9-525 of Title 12A of the Oklahoma Statutes.
2. For recording each additional page of same instrument.
3. For preservation for each instrument recorded.
4. For furnishing hard copies of microfilmed records to bonded abstractors only, per page.
5. For furnishing photographic copies of photographic records, or of typewritten script or printed records, per page.
6. For recording plat of one block or less.
For recording plat of more than one block.
8. For certifying to any copy per page.
9. For recording an assignment of Tax Sale Certificate to be paid by the party purchasing.
10. For recording of any mark or brand and giving certificate for same.
11. For recording each certificate for estrays and forwarding description of same, as required by law.
12.a. For recording and filing of mechanics’ or materialmen’s liens which includes the release thereof
b. For preparing and mailing notice of mechanics’ or materialmen’s lien plus the actual cost of postage$8.00
c. For each additional page or exhibit
13. For recording and filing of fictitious name partnership certificates.
-To this fee shall be added the fees required by Sections 81 through 86 of Title 54 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
14. For recording the first page of deeds, mortgages, and any other instruments which are nonconforming pursuant to subsection C of Section 298 of Title 19 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
15. For recording each additional page of an instrument which is nonconforming pursuant to subsection C of Section 298 of Title 19 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
B. The fees prescribed in paragraph 4 of subsection A of this section shall be deposited into the County Clerk’s Lien Fee Account, created pursuant to Section 265 of Title 19 of the Oklahoma.
C. For the purpose of preserving, maintaining, and archiving recorded instruments including, but not limited to, records management, records preservation, automation, modernization, and related lawful expenditures, in addition to all other fees required by law, the county clerk shall collect Five Dollars ($5.00) for each instrument recorded with the Registrar of Deeds.
D. There is hereby created a fund to be known as the “County Clerk’s Records Management and Preservation Fund”. The fund shall be a continuing fund, not subject to fiscal year limitations, and shall consist of the fees and monies accruing to the fund, as prescribed in subsection C of this section with all monies accruing to the fund to be expended by the clerk and not transferred to any other fund. The intent of this section is to increase the net funding level available to the county clerk to maintain and preserve public records.
E. The fees and costs prescribed in this section shall not apply to child support enforcement offices operated by, or on behalf of, the Department of Human Services’s Child Support Enforcement Division. County clerks shall not charge any fees or costs to such offices, the Division, or the Department.
Additional Fee Schedule
Enrolled House Bill No. 2182
This bill amends 19 O.S. § 245 by providing that county clerks that provide records in an electronic format may charge a “reasonable fee” on and after January 1, 2013, at a rate of not more than twenty-five ($.25) per page or fifteen cents ($0.15) per page for providing more than three thousand five hundred pages in electronic format. ALL recording devices for providing records in an electronic format shall be supplied by the county clerk. One may not use their own device to make copies. The tract index is still off-limits.
Effective Date: May 29, 2013
If you are a vendor wishing to do business with Comanche County, you must request that your company be placed on our Vendor List for future Invitations to Bid (ITB) or Requests for Proposal (RFP).
You can mail, fax, email or bring your request to:
315 SW 5th Street, Suite 304
Lawton, OK 73501
Your request must include the following:
Point of Contact
State the services and/or supplies your company provides
Thank you for your interest in working with Comanche County.
If you have any questions, you may call the County Clerk's Office at 580-355-5214.