Welcome to the official website for Comanche County Government. Here you will find information on many programs and services, as well as subjects of interest to residents and visitors. We are here to offer assistance in making Comanche County a great place to live, work and play.
Now that FEMA's Disaster Recovery Center is gone, here are the steps to handle your claim. Remember, August 26th is the last day you can begin a claim with FEMA for damage done to your home between May 5th and June 4th. Your claim will continue past that date until it is settled. You can appeal any decision FEMA makes.
Steps for registering with FEMA:
1. Call FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 / TTY 1-800-462-7585, or visit http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ to register.
2. Have the following information available:
-Social Security number.
-Current and pre-disaster address.
-A telephone number you can be contacted with.
-Total household annual income.
-A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transfered directly into you bank account).
-A description of your losses caused by the disaster.
Steps for filing an appeal:
1. Explain in writing why you think the decision about your case is not correct. Keep it short and to the point.
2. Include your full name, date, place of birth and address of the damaged property. Your letter must be notarized, include a copy of a state issued ID or include the following statement... "I hereby declare under penalty or perjury that the foregoing is true and correct." You must sign the letter.
3. If somone other than you is writing the letter, then a statement must be included saying that that person may act on your behalf.
4. Include the FEMA registration number and disaster number (DR-4222).
5. Fax your appeal and all pertinent documentation to: 1-800-827-8112, ATTENTION: FEMA. Or, mail to:FEMA National Processing Center P.O. Box 10055 Hyattsvile, MD 20782-7055
You can also call the FEMA helpline for any questions about your case at: 1-800-621-3362.
After a request from the State of Oklahoma Emergency Management (OEM), FEMA decided to extend the deadline individuals have to begin a claim with FEMA for Individual Assistance. They have moved the deadline from July 27th, to August 26th, 2015. This is in part due to the State and FEMA still conducting damage assessments and the possibility of new county's being added to the disaster declaration. By extending the deadline, individuals now have more time to begin a claim with FEMA under this disaster (which includes damage that occured between May 5th, 2015 and June 4th, 2015). It also helps counties that were added to the declaration on a later date so their survivors can register with FEMA. If you register a claim with FEMA before August 26th, 2015, FEMA will continue to work on your claim until everything is settled. You can appeal any decision FEMA makes on your claim.
Page 4 of 120