Welcome to the official website for Comanche County Government. Here you will find information on many programs and services, as well as subjects of interest to residents and visitors. We are here to offer assistance in making Comanche County a great place to live, work and play.
The caption at the bottom may be hard to read, but the funds will be going to replace or repair equipment that was lost or damaged during the flooding. Cache Volunteer Fire Department was one of a number of VFD's taking part in water rescues during the flooding. Please come and show your support for these local heroes!
Now that FEMA's Disaster Recovery Center is gone, here are the steps to handle your claim. Remember, August 26th is the last day you can begin a claim with FEMA for damage done to your home between May 5th and June 4th. Your claim will continue past that date until it is settled. You can appeal any decision FEMA makes.
Steps for registering with FEMA:
1. Call FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 / TTY 1-800-462-7585, or visit http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ to register.
2. Have the following information available:
-Social Security number.
-Current and pre-disaster address.
-A telephone number you can be contacted with.
-Total household annual income.
-A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transfered directly into you bank account).
-A description of your losses caused by the disaster.
Steps for filing an appeal:
1. Explain in writing why you think the decision about your case is not correct. Keep it short and to the point.
2. Include your full name, date, place of birth and address of the damaged property. Your letter must be notarized, include a copy of a state issued ID or include the following statement... "I hereby declare under penalty or perjury that the foregoing is true and correct." You must sign the letter.
3. If somone other than you is writing the letter, then a statement must be included saying that that person may act on your behalf.
4. Include the FEMA registration number and disaster number (DR-4222).
5. Fax your appeal and all pertinent documentation to: 1-800-827-8112, ATTENTION: FEMA. Or, mail to:FEMA National Processing Center P.O. Box 10055 Hyattsvile, MD 20782-7055
You can also call the FEMA helpline for any questions about your case at: 1-800-621-3362.
Page 8 of 124