Comanche County, Oklahoma

Welcome to the official website for Comanche County Government. Here you will find information on many programs and services, as well as subjects of interest to residents and visitors. We are here to offer assistance in making Comanche County a great place to live, work and play.


Follow us on Facebook!Follow us on Twitter!!! Nixle_Badge_White


Final Weeks until DRC Shut Down



Finals Weeks until DRC Shut Down

FEMA has officially announced that they are closing their Disaster Relief Center (DRC) on July 18th. For those still in the process of recovering, it is a valuable resource that will be gone. FEMA has received over 500 registrations in Comanche County for flood and other disaster related damages, but the number of people visiting the DRC is still low.

The DRC manager, Sandra Brown, believes that the biggest reason people aren’t coming in is because they received a denial letter from FEMA in the mail and think that’s the end of it. She urges that this letter is not the end, and the center can still help people get the help they need. A denial letter is often issued if a vital piece of documentation is missing, and the DRC can assist in identifying what you need to resubmit and get approved. Ms. Brown wrote that “you also have the right to appeal any decision made by FEMA and that could be as simple as getting estimates to show how much damage you actually had or something as simple as proving identity or ownership”. The biggest thing for Ms. Brown is, visit the DRC! They are there to help and do whatever they can for those in need.

The DRC is located at Tomlinson Middle School (702 NW Homestead Drive). They are open Monday – Saturday from 9am-7pm, and are closed Sunday’s. They will also be closed for 4th of July weekend (3rd, 4th and 5th). 



SBA Tops $5 Million in Disaster Assistance Loans



SBA Tops $5 Million in Disaster Assistance Loans

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Director Dottie Overal of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Oklahoma District office announced today that SBA has approved more than $5 million in federal disaster loans for Oklahoma businesses and residents impacted by severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds and flooding in Atoka, Beckham, Bryan, Caddo, Canadian, Choctaw, Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Grady, Johnston, Kiowa, Le Flore, Marshall, McClain, McCurtain, McIntosh, Oklahoma, Pittsburg, Pottawatomie, Rogers, Seminole, Tillman and Wagoner counties that occurred May 5 - June 4, 2015.

According to Overal, SBA has approved $72,400 for businesses and $4.9 million for residents to help rebuild and recover from this disaster.

“SBA’s disaster assistance employees are committed to helping businesses and residents rebuild as quickly as possible,” said Overal. Businesses and residents who sustained damages are encouraged to register prior to the July 27, 2015, deadline with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) by calling the tele‑registration number at (800) 621‑FEMA (3362) or (800) 462-7585 (TTY) for individuals who are deaf or hard‑of‑hearing. “Don’t miss out on any assistance you may be entitled to by not registering for help. You don’t need to wait for your insurance to settle or obtain a contractor’s estimate,” she added.

Businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory, and other business assets. SBA can also lend additional funds to help business and residents with the cost of making improvements that protect, prevent or minimize the same type of disaster damage from occurring in the future.

For small businesses and most private nonprofit organizations of all sizes, SBA offers Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) to help meet working capital needs caused by the disaster. EIDL assistance is available regardless of whether the business suffered any property damage.

Disaster loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace their damaged or destroyed primary residence. Homeowners and renters are eligible for up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal property.

Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at

Disaster loan information and application forms are also available from SBA’s Customer Service Center by calling (800) 659-2955 or emailing This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Individuals who are deaf or hard‑of‑hearing may call (800) 877-8339. For more information about SBA’s disaster assistance programs, visit

The filing deadline to submit applications for property damage is July 27, 2015. The deadline to submit economic injury applications is February 26, 2016.



Page 8 of 120

Register Storm Shelter

blog stormShelter bigImage C

May Flooding


Court E-Pay




Nixle Info



Road & Bridge Reports