Comanche County, Oklahoma

Welcome to the official website for Comanche County Government. Here you will find information on many programs and services, as well as subjects of interest to residents and visitors. We are here to offer assistance in making Comanche County a great place to live, work and play.


Follow us on Facebook!Follow us on Twitter!!! Nixle_Badge_White




District 3: Road and Bridge Report

Don Hawthorne, County Commissioner


When the work is outside, weather is always a factor. Maybe that goes without saying, but it is the truth when it comes to county road work. This summer has been crazy, going from drought to hard and then soaking rains, putting mowing, grading, and construction behind.

T&G Construction was the low bidder and completed the 2” asphalt overlay of 8th Street in Cache from US 62 to Cache Road, and the 3” overlay of Indiahoma Road from US 62 to Show Place Avenue in Indiahoma. The County did the road preparation work and the Comanche Nation Department of Transportation (CNDOT) funded the overlay. Director Adrian Tehauno and his staff are great to work with, and fund projects that the County could not have afforded.

The CNDOT also funded the oil and chipping of Indiahoma Road from Coombs Road to Baseline Road. On this project the tribe paid for the materials and the County funded the road base work and putting down the materials.

We are currently working with the CNDOT to do a 2” asphalt overlay of four miles of Meers-Porter Hill Road from SH 58 to SH 115 at Meers. Several years ago they paid for the 2” overlay from Porter Hill to SH 58 which covered 7 miles. Once completed, this will put a new surface on the 11 miles from Meers to Porter Hill and is another project that could not have been funded without the good cooperation with Director Tehauno and his staff.

The County road crew recycled the roadway and worked the bar ditches on Woodlawn Road from Crater Road to 115. After we let the traffic on it over the summer, the crew oiled and chipped the road.

The bridge over Boulder Creek on Airport Road, that was started this spring and was scheduled to be completed by the first of July, has been completed. The “road closed” signs have been taken down and traffic is beginning to use the road; however, as of this writing, the striping and putting down grass sod has not been done.

The bridge over Post Oak Creek that replaced the low water crossing on Bishop Road has also been completed. The contractor has to come back and do some final work on drainage problems. The bridge is open to through traffic.

In Cache, the road crew recycled and oiled and chipped 3rd and 4th Streets between C and B Avenues, and Ash and Cherry Avenues between 6th and 5th Streets. The City paid for the materials and the County provided the equipment and labor.

Progress continues on replacing the old truss bridge over West Cache Creek, west of Cache. The basic design has been completed and the engineer had a company collect core samples to determine the depth of the pilings. We have met with the utility companies to find out which ones need to be relocated. A company has been hired to study the environmental impact of the bridge. The construction is scheduled for 2021.

The road crew did some road repair work in Wichita Mtn. Estates and Pecan Valley South. We rented a sweeper attachment for our skid steer to pick up the loose gravel in Pecan Valley South from previous oil and chip projects in that area.

Due to the number of accidents at the intersection at Deyo Mission Road and Lee Blvd, we put up stop signs with red flashing LED lights in hopes that drivers will heed the traffic sign.

We bought the materials for a 30’ x 100’ shed and some of the crew erected it. It will be used to put some of the equipment under so they will be protected when not in use.  

We removed the dirt from the Expo Building at the fair grounds that was used for National Horse play days and the dirt from the Coliseum from the Long Horn Breeder’s Association show. Lately, District 1 puts dirt in and District 3 removes it.

If you have questions or concerns, I can be contacted at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or you may phone the County Barn at 580-429-3217, or the Courthouse office at 580-353-3717.








National Voter Registration Day approaches, voters still have time to get registered for General Election

(Oklahoma City) – As the deadline approaches to register for the November 6 General Election, a national effort is underway to encourage voters to get signed up.

National Voter Registration Day on September 25 is the perfect time for Oklahomans to make sure they are registered and their information is up to date, Oklahoma State Election Board Secretary Paul Ziriax said Friday.

The deadline to register to vote for the General Election is Friday, Oct. 12.

“We have already seen increased voter registration this year as compared to four years ago,” Ziriax said. “Turnout for elections thus far in 2018 has been encouraging. We need to keep that momentum going, and it starts with making sure every eligible voter is registered and ready to vote in November.”

Registering to vote in Oklahoma has never been easier. Voter Registration Application forms can be downloaded from the State Election Board’s website at" target="_blank"> or picked up at a variety of locations including your county election board, local libraries, post offices and tag agencies.

Completed forms must be either returned by mail or in person at your county election board or local tag office.

Voters who are already registered to vote may use a new online system to change their residential or mailing address within their current county. They may also update their party affiliation. Address changes to a new county, name changes and new voter registrations will still require a completed paper form, which can be downloaded on the website.








Page 7 of 156

Nixle Info



Road & Bridge Reports