The Comanche County Clerk handles a vast range of duties for the county as outlined by Oklahoma State Statutes. The main portion of those responsibilities is to maintain county records. Some of those records include:
- Real Estate related filings
- Tax liens
- Uniform Commercial Code (secured-party transactions) filings
- The Comanche County Clerk, by statutes, also serves as the County Registrar of Deeds and receives, records, and stores these public documents as well as makes them accessible to the public perpetually.
Other duties of the Comanche County Clerk are to:
- Serve as Secretary to the Comanche County Board of County Commissioners, attend Commissioner meetings, prepare and post agendas and keep meeting minutes, maintain proceedings of Commissioners' meeting, including all contracts and agreements entered into by the County.
- Provide support to the annual budget process and prepare monthly and special meeting agendas.
- Serve as secretary to the County Excise Board, which is responsible for final approval of the county budget and property tax levy.
- Provides accounts payable and payroll functions for all County officers and departments; prepares the county's annual financial report and monthly financial reports.
- Receives and compiles all budgets submitted by cities, towns and school districts in the County; presents budgets to the County Excise Board.
- Receives all claims filed against the county.
Comanche County Courthouse